Menopause is the ceasing of menstruation in women at a certain age. The average age for menopause is 45-55, and the main cause of menopause is that ovaries stop producing hormone estrogen.
- Estrogen is responsible for the reproductive cycle in women which include monthly menstruation cycle.
- In addition to natural menopause, anything that could affect the ovaries or estrogen level could also cause any sort of cancer.
Symptoms of menopause:
Menopause symptoms include many emotional and physical symptoms.
- Physical symptoms include hot flashes, vaginal dryness, urinary incontinence, irregular periods, disturbed sleep and night sweats.
- Emotional symptoms include mood swings, irritability, depression, problems with learning, attention deficits.
The estrogen hormone is not only responsible for regulating reproductive cycle, but it also helps to lubricate the vagina by the maintenance of the vaginal fluid and by keeping the vaginal inner lining in a healthier form with optimal thickness and elasticity. When ovaries stop producing estrogen, it would ultimately cause vaginal dryness which itself will lead to many serious infections. Comfrey oil is best for curing vaginal dryness and different sorts of infections and wounds resulting from vaginal dryness as it contains allantoin which is a natural healer.
Cooling hot flashes:
Hot flashes are most commonly occurring symptom of menopause. Cooling aromatherapy could be used for its treatment which has cooling effects as well as deodorizing properties.
Hormonal imbalance may cause some heart-related ailments and may also be the reason of osteoporosis.
To avoid such severe side effects, there are some natural cures present which help to minimize the side effects of menopause.
Some dietary stressors could elevate the level of stress. There should be utmost care to choose the food. A regular blood-sugar level should be maintained to avoid stress. Some foods such as refined sugar, carbohydrates should be avoided to lower the stress level. Instead of eating these stress causing foods protein rich foods should be eaten, and a proper balanced diet should be maintained. Eat plenty of soy foods as they help to maintain hormone level and avoid caffeine and alcohol as it causes mood swings.
As mentioned earlier, menopause occurs after ovaries stop producing estrogen. When ovaries stop producing this hormone, other glands have to take over the production of estrogen and to complete other functions of estrogen. For this purpose, adrenal glands come into action and take charge of controlling the functions of estrogen. Due to this reason, sometimes “adrenal fatigue” may occur which could lead to diabetes type 2 and hyperthyroidism and heart attack. To avoid such serious ailments, Serbian ginseng could be used.
- Serbian Ginseng is a herb and is usually famous for its energizing powers and as a strength provider.
- Serbian ginseng provides support to the adrenal glands and helps in their proper regulation.
- But, Serbian ginseng should not be used for a long time period, and it is safe to use it for up to 6 weeks.
ROLE OF EXERCISE:
Exercise plays an essential role to elevate the mood, helps to energize and also have its part in reducing post-menopausal symptoms especially mood problems and of course it also cures the physical problems